Schezwan chutney is one of the important ingredients that Indian- Chinese recipes cant do away with. Its readily available in markets but when you make it at home, you can control the heat, the tanginess and experiment by adding your own twists to it. Chef Shantanu Gupte brings you this versatile chutney that can be used in Chinese noodles, soups, starters, rice and much more.
1 small bowl oil
1/2 cup garlic ( 5 tbsp)
3 tbsp ginger paste
1 bunch celery leaves
5 tbsp kashmiri chilli paste
3 tbsp pandi chillies
1 cup water
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp barbecue sauce (optional)
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tbsp Water
Spring onion ( garnish )
- Add oil to a heated pan, add garlic and ginger paste.
- Chop some celery leaves.
- Add kashmiri chillies, grinded pandi chillies, salt and cook it, leaving no pulp
- Add chopped celery, mix everything well and cook well.
- Add sugar, water, ketchup, soya sauce, barbecue sauce and mix well everything so as to amalgamate everything well.
- In a separate bowl add cornflour and water and mix everything well with no lumps in it.
- Pour in the cornflour mixture in the sauce and cook it till its thick
- Pour the content in a bowl and add finely chopped spring onions for garnish and the chutney is ready to be consumed.
Host: Shantanu Gupte
Director: Neha Sarkar
Camera: Jay Nayak, Vaibhav Dhandha, Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal
Editing: Pratik Jain
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya