Butter chicken for all the health and diet conscious people.. Sounds bizarre right? So here is an unique recipe with an amazing twist. Food blogger Tarika Singh brings you an Indian Recipe that's high on nutrients and low on calories. Its an easy to make quick recipe which can be cooked at home and the best part, it tastes delicious! Are'nt these enough reasons to tempt you already?
4 tbsp yougurt whisked
Red chilli powder
Ginger garlic paste
1 lemon juice
Almonds (soaked overnight / blanched and skin peeled off)
1 green chilly (chopped)
red chilli powder
Tomato puree (4 - 5 tomatoes)
- Mix yogurt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste in a bowl
- Add the boneless chicken pieces to the marinade and ensure all the pieces are coated well with the marinade.
- Add some lemon juice and refrigerate for atleast 2 hrs
- Put almonds and water in a grinder and grind everything well to make a smooth paste
- Shallow fry the chicken pieces and cook till the chicken has a charred edges.
- Add oil to a wok and add onions,chilly, garlic to it
- Cook it for a couple of mins.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and mix everything well
- Add the tomato puree to it and let it mix well with the spices
- Simmer the flame and let it cook
- Add salt, sugar, almond paste to it and mix well
- Add the chicken pieces to the gravy, cover the lid and let it cook
- Garnish with coriander leaves, nigella seeds and serve the butter chicken