A muffin recipe that glistens with creamy cheese and fragrant herbs. Check out food blogger Tarika Singh's tempting take on muffins.
1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
4 oz buttermilk
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp each (if using fresh) or ½ Tablespoon each (if using dried) Basil, Dill, Marjoram, Thyme & Chives (chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease & dust a 6 muffin pan or use muffin liners.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs & buttermilk and beat until frothy. Add olive oil and honey and whisk briefly to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the shredded cheese and herbs and fold to combine until just blended.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4th full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown in color & springy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack before serving.