Banana Bread, when you read the name dont be alarmed because food blogger Tarika Singh would bake for you a homemade bread that dosent have yeast in it. Bite into it with a cup of hot tea / coffee or enjoy it with a dollop of ice cream, the choice is yours!
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup honey
2 ripe bananas, mashed
Few lemon juice drops
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup walnuts
- Add the two flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and sift it through a sieve
- Peel the bananas completely and roughly mash it using a fork.
- Add some drops of lemon juice to the bananas.
- In a larger bowl, pour oil, honey and stir it well
- Add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract and mix everything well till mixed properly.
- Add the mashed bananas to it and gently mix them together
- Pour the flour mix in two batches and mix everything well.
- Meanwhile pre heat the oven at 180 Degrees
- Add the roughly chopped walnuts and mix it well in the dough
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes
- Serve it the way you love to!