If a sweet indulgence is all you have been looking for, here is what you need to do, get yourself an apple crumble pie. Its a messy affair, but get ready to go dirty because the end result is worth the mess.
225 gms Maida
110 gms butter
80 gms Sugar
Butter for greasing
50 gms Butter
40 gms Brown Sugar
Red wine reduction
Vanilla Ice Cream
- Take flour in a bow, add castor sugar, salt, chopped chilled butter and mix with light hand
- Break an egg into it and knead the dough
- Let it rest in freezer for a min of 15 mins
- Meanwhile grease the tarts and sprinkle some flour on it
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on a rolling board and roll the dough
- Cut out the excess dough and place it on the tarts, making sure the edges are pasted properly
- Cut out the excess dough using a rolling pin
- Make holes in the tart using a fork for the air to pass and the tart dose'nt puff up
- Take a parchment paper and put some lentils to add weight into it.
- Blind bake the tarts for about 7 - 8 mins at 170 - 175 c
- Chop apples into dices and heat some butter in a pan
- Add brown sugar to butter and let them amalgamate and caramelize well.
- Pour in the diced apple and toss it well so that the apple coats well.
- Grate some cinnamon and mix well.
- Semi cook the apples
- Crush some digestive biscuits and stir them in
- let the apple mixture cool a bit
- Meanwhile take out the baked tarts and pour the apple mixture in the tarts
- Drizzle some blueberry crush and crush some digestive biscuit as well
- Smear some melted butter on top and bake the whole thing for another 7 - 8 mins at 175 c
- Once baked take the tarts out, put it upside down and tap it slightly and get the tarts out of the molds
- Serve the pie in a dish with a dollop of ice cream, grated cinnamon and drizzle some red wine reduction